Google suggest disappeared? Here is how to bring it back!
Google’s autocomplete feature can be invaluable to the Convergent Marketer, as it is tied into “Google Suggest”, a tool that helps you figure out how people are searching.
Yesterday it just went out on me. As I typed the drop-down menu with the search suggestions would not show up. Here is how I figured out how to fix it…
I did some Google-ing (Which was harder without the auto-suggest!) and I came across the suggestion to clear my cookies. So I did and the auto-complete function came right back!
Assuming you are using Firefox as your main browser as any Convergent Marketing professional should, here is how to clear your cookies:
- Click on the “tools” menu item at the top of your browser.
- Select “options” from the menu that drops down. The options box should appear.
- Select “privacy” at the top of the options box.
- Click on the “Show Cookies” button, which is about halfway down the box. The cookies box should appear.
- At the bottom of the cookies box you can remove selected cookies by clicking the “Remove Cookies” button, or you can click on “remove all cookies”, like I did.
It should probably work!